DIY Eco-friendly Christmas Crackers
Christmas is around the corner, and the stores are slowly filling up on their Christmas decorations. And what’s Christmas without a few sparkling crackers scattered around a delicious Christmas Roast and stuffing? There’s too many to choose from – and many contain a lot of plastic toys that are bad for the environment.
But did you know that Christmas crackers are super easy to make? And they can be eco-friendly (and plastic-free!) too! We’ve compiled a little guide for your very own, cheeky Christmas cracker.
What you’ll need:
- Loo rolls
- recycled paper
- Twine or string
- Wrapping paper
- Tape (preferably paper packing tape or other plastic-free alternative)
- Paper crowns or other eco-friendly toys
Tissue paper or confetti (for some poppin’ fabulousness)
How to do it:
1. Use some recycled paper to cut little stripes. Fix two with some tape – this will be your snap!
2. Add your snap to the loo roll tube and also fixate it with some tape.
3. It’s time to decorate! Wrap your tube in wrapping paper – make sure to wrap it all along its length, including the snap! Once you have the right length, take some string or twine and carefully tie it around one end of the tube.
4. Now you can add your filling: confetti, cut up paper crowns, little toys and games.
5. Once filled up, it’s time to tie the other end of your cracker. And voilà – you’ve just made your own eco-friendly Christmas popper!